Salman Khan is a celebrated actor and amongst the biggest stars of Bollywood. Moody, caring and unpredictable by nature, Salman is a sought after hero in Bollywood today and completes the formidable Khan trio, alongside Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. He runs a charity non-profit organisation, Being Human.
Born on December 27, 1965 Salman Khan is the son of the legendary writer Salim Khan, who penned many super-hits in the yesteryear’s like Sholay (1975), Deewar (1975), and Don (1978). Salman started his acting career in 1988 by doing a supporting role in the movie Biwi ho to Aisi (1988). The following year he had the leading role in the box office romantic hit Mene Pyar Kiya(1989). From there he became a heart throb of Indian cinema.
Following with other box office hits he showed his terrific performance in Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Hum Aapke Hain Koun…! (1994), Karan and Arjun (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). His transformations can be sensitive, vulnerable, funny, aggressive and charming as his role demands.
Despite a successful acting career, Salman Khan has lived a not-so-smooth personal life. Dogged by past controversies like the infamous case against him for rash and negligent driving under the influence of alcohol, that injured and even killed a person on a sidewalk outside a Mumbai bakery. The prison sentence in the Chinkara case for hunting an endangered species and his tumultuous personal relationships are some of his past controversies. Amongst the biggest stars in Bollywood, Salman Khan is well-settled in life now, and striving hard to reach his pinnacle of success in his illustrious acting career.
|Full Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Nick Name||Sallu, Bhaijaan, Dabangg Khan, Blockbuster Khan, Rambo of India, The New King of Bollywood, The Sylvester Stallone of India, Controversial Khan, Tiger Khan, Tiger Salman, The Tiger of Bollywood, Salman Tiger Khan, Muscle Khan, Supreme Khan, Blockbuster Star, Dabangg Star|
|Date of Birth||27 December 1965 (age 51)|
|Birth Place||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Height||5′ 7″ (1.7 m)|
|Profession||Actor, film producer, television personality|
|Father’s Name||Screen writer Salim Khan|
|Mother’s name||Salma Khan|
|Residence Address||Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Education||Salman finished his schooling at St. Stanislaus High School in Bandra, Mumbai, as did his younger brothers Arbaaz and Sohail. Earlier, he studied at The Scindia School, Gwalior for a few years along with younger brother Arbaaz. He attended Elphinstone College with Shabina Khan and dropped out after the second year|
|Debut Film||Maine Pyar Kiya|
- Salim Khan (born 1935), Indian actor and screenwriter
- Salma Khan (born Sushila Charak), first wife of Salim Khan, father from Jammu and Kashmir
- Helen Richardson Khan (born Helen Richardson, 1938), second wife of Salim Khan, actress and dancer
- Salman Khan (born Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan, 1965), Indian actor, producer, television presenter, philanthropist and humanitarian.
- Arbaaz Khan (born 1967), Indian actor, director and film producer known for his work in Hindi cinema
- Malaika Arora Khan (born Malaika Arora, 1973), wife of Arbaaz (they are now separated), Indian actress, dancer, model, video jockey and television presenter
- Sohail Khan (born 1969), Indian film actor, director and producer who works predominantly in the Hindi cinema
- Seema Sachdev Khan, wife of Sohail
- Alvira Khan Agnihotri and Atul Agnihotri (born 1970), Indian film producer, director and former actor
- Arpita Khan and Aayush Sharma
He was born on 27 December, 1965 to Salim Khan and Salma Khan at Indore in Madhya Pradesh, India. Coming from a family with rich cinematic lineage, Salman’s father is Salim Khan is a renowned scriptwriter, while his stepmother Helen is a renowned Bollywood item dancer. Besides having two sisters, he also has two brothers, Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan, both are famous actors, directors and producers in Bollywood.
Khan never got married. His relationships have been of keen interest to the media and his fans. In 1999, he began dating Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai; their relationship was often reported in the media until the couple separated in 2001.
Khan started dating actress Katrina Kaif. After years of speculations, Kaif admitted in an interview in 2011 that she had been in a serious relationship with Khan for several years, but it ended in 2010. Sangeeta Bijlani and Somy Ali were also in serious relationships with Khan.
Salman Khan Education:
Salman, who is popularly known as ‘bhai‘ (brother), has completed his schooling from St. Stanislaus High School in Bandra, Mumbai like his younger brothers Arbaaz and Sohail. Previously, he studied at The Scindia School, Gwalior for a few years.
Salman worked as an assistant director after he dropped out of St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. You might not know that he had written three scripts before he became an actor. Moreover, he has learnt painting from his mother Salma.
Here’s a look at some of the Being Human foundation initiatives in the education sector:
- It provides education to 200 children at the Akshara High School in Mumbai and another 300 through Aseema, a Mumbai-based not-for-profit organisation
- The foundation also works for Career Development Centres (CDC) in non-urban areas which designed to offer training to the local, educated and under-served youth.The training courses were designed to meet the entry level job requirements of any organised sector
- In August 2014, the foundation began an educational resource center in a village called ‘Waje’ to provide basic teaching aids and tools in arithmetic, English, Marathi, health awareness and social themes to children from the local community
- It supports MPSM’s (a voluntary organisation engaging in educational and developmental action for the upliftment of tribal and farming communities in Maharashtra) arithmetic project which would offers skills in basic mathematics to four thousand children from these tribal communities
- The foundation is also working with the ‘Veer’ organisation which helps differently abled people in the employment sector.
Worst Part of his life:
In 1998 he was arrested by the local police from the shooting location of the film Hum Saath-Saath Hain (1999), for killing protected wild animals and spent about a week behind the bars. The actor is facing trial in three cases of killing black bucks and Chinkaras and another of illegal possession of arms. In September 2002, Salman Khan had hit the headlines after he crashed his Land Cruiser nea
1989–93: Debut and breakthrough
Khan made his acting debut with a supporting role in the 1988 film Biwi Ho To Aisi in which his voice was dubbed by someone else. His first leading role in a Bollywood movie was in Sooraj R. Barjatya’s romantic family drama Maine Pyar Kiya (1989), one of India’s highest-grossing films. It earned him his first nomination for a Best Actor at Filmfare, but the much expected Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut was awarded to Sooraj Barjatya.
In 2011, he launched his own production company, called SKBH Productions (Salman Khan Being Human Productions). Money generated from film productions will be donated to the Being Human organisation. The first film made under the banner was the kids’ entertainer Chillar Party, which went on to win 3 National Awards for Best Children’s film, Best Original Screenplay and Child Artist’s Award. SKBH Productions next film will be Shikshanachya Aaicha Gho, a remake directed by Mahesh Manjrekar.
In 2014, he launched another production house called SKF (Salman Khan Films). The first film released under this banner was the Canadian film Dr. Cabbie. The film earned $350,452 on its opening day at the box office and Dr. Cabbie became the second highest-grossing film in Canada. The next films under this banner were Hero, in which he also sang the title song “Hero” by Nikhil Advani, which starred Aditya Pancholi’s son Suraj Pancholi and Sunil Shetty’s daughter Athiya Shetty; and Bajrangi Bhaijaan by Kabir Khan starring Khan himself with Kareena Kapoor & Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- His dancing style….
- His smile….
- Removing his shirt….
- Muscular physique….
- Wears Blue Feroza Stone bracelet in his movies….
Some of his prominent wins are the:
- 1990 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Maine Pyar Kiya
- 1999 – Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2002 – Bollywood Movie Award – Most Sensational Actor for Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
- 2008 – Apsara Best Jodi Award (with Govinda) for Partner
- 2008 – Best Anchor by Indian Television Awards for 10 Ka Dum (Season 1)
- 2009 – Best Anchor by Indian Television Awards for 10 Ka Dum (Season 2)
- 2010 – Most Entertaining Film Actor Award by BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Dabangg
- 2011 – Star Screen Award for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2k11 – Most Entertaining Actor in an Action Role by BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Bodyguard
- 2011 – Apsara Best Actor in a Leading Role for Dabangg
- 2k11 – Most Entertaining Pair of the Year by BIG Star Entertainment Awards (with Kareena Kapoor) for Bodyguard
- 2011 – Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male for Dabangg
- 2k11 – Best Host on Television by The Global Indian Film and TV Honours for Bigg Boss (Season 4)
- 2011 – Airtel Super Star Hero for Bodyguard
- 2k11 – Airtel Super Star Unique Andaz – Male for Dabangg
- 2011 – Airtel Super Star Romantic Jodi (with Kareena Kapoor) for Bodyguard
- 2012 – Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male for Bodyguard & Ready
- 2k12 – People’s Choice Awards Favorite Movie Actor for Ek Tha Tiger
- 2012 – People’s Choice Awards Favorite Action Movie Actor for Ek Tha Tiger
- 2013 – Screen Award for movie Dabangg 2
- 2015 – BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- 2015 – IIFA Award for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Other Awards and Achievements:
- 2004 – Voted as the 7th best-looking man in the world and the best looking man in India by People magazine, U.S.
- 2007 – Rajiv Gandhi Award for his Outstanding achievement in entertainment
- 2008 – The fourth Indian actor to have been replicated as a wax statue Madame Tussauds wax museum in London.
- 2009 – Aaj Tak Movie Masala Award for Best Actor for Wanted
- 2010 – Voted as sexiest man alive by People magazine, India.
- 2010 – IIFA Award for Habitat Humanity Ambassadorship
- 2011 – Bollywood Hungama Surfers Choice Movie Awards for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2k11 – Bollywood Hungama Surfers Choice Movie Awards for Best Newsmaker for Dabangg and Bigg Boss (Season 4)
- 2k11 – Aaj Tak Awards for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – AXN Action Award for Best Action Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – Voted the most desirable man by The Times of India.
- 2k11 – ETC Bollywood Business Award for ETC Most Profitable Actor (India)
- 2011 – 17th International Children’s Film Festival for Best Feature Film for Chillar Party
- 2012 – Masala Awards for Box Office Star Of The Year (Male)
- 2013 – India’s Most Searched Celebrity Online
- 2014 – Topped the Forbes India chart for both fame and revenue
- 2015 – Forbes listed him 7th as the World’s Highest Paid Actors