Indore health comprises of hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, rehabilitation centers and maternity homes of the city.Indore Health The ambulance services, X-ray clinics, chemists and druggists and doctors of the city also form an integral part of the health sector in Indore. The prominent hospitals of Indore include Maharaja Yashwant Rao Hospital, T. Choithram Hospital, CHL Apollo, Bombay Hospital and Dr Jafrey’s Indore Chest Centre.
Some other good hospitals in the city are:
- Anand Hospital (Bhanwarkua Main Road)
- Apollo Medical Investigation (Behind Chappan Dukan)
- Arihant Hospital (Gumasta Nagar)
- Arpan Nursing Home (Rajwada Square)
- Bapat Hospital (Sukhlia)
- Bhandari Nursing Home (Vijay Nagar)
- Chacha Nehru Bal Chiktsalaya (Behind M.Y. Hospital)
- CHL Apollo (A.B. Road)
- Choithram Hospital ( Manik Bag Road)
- City Nursing Home (Rajmohalla)
- Cloth Market Hospital (Dhar Road)
- Curewell Hospital Pvt Ltd (New Palasia)
- District Hospital (Dhar Road)
- Geeta Bhavan Hospital (Geeta Bhawan Square)
- Gokul Das Hospital (Sarju Prasad Marg)
- Govind Ram Seksaria Hospital (Y.N. Road)
- Great Kailash Nursing Home / Eye Hospital (Old Palasia)
- Gurjar Hospital (Bhawarkua Road)
- Hardia Hospital (Chhawani)
- Indore Kidney Centre (Old St. Rafiels School)
Hospitals and Nursing Homes:
The hospitals and nursing homes at Indore are among the topnotch health care centers in the city. They are known to provide the best medical and therapeutical facilities in Madhya Pradesh. These hospitals work towards preventing the communicable and infectious diseases in the city. Moreover, they also take care of the well-being of the people in Indore.
Apollo Hospitals, Indore
The Apollo Hospitals, Indore is a joint venture between Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited (AHEL) & Rajshree Hospital & Research Centre Pvt. Ltd. (RHRL). It offers high-end tertiary care across various medical disciplines, with special focus on Cardiology & Cardiothoracic surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Nephrology and Urology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology, Emergency & Trauma.
The 180 bedded hospital’s strength lies in the perfect balance of excellent infrastructure, latest technology and dedicated manpower, all orchestrated to provide patient services of the highest standards.
Centres of Excellence
Apollo Hospitals, Indore has established Centres of Excellence across various key specialities. The goal of each Centre of Excellence is to ensure that care of the highest possible standards is offered whilst also forging ahead in research, meeting and surpassing benchmarks set by the world’s best healthcare providers, tracking and standardizing best practices, and achieving excellence in academics.
Imaging & Diagnostics
1.5 T MRI, Digital X-Ray, modern blood bank, laboratory (Haematology Biochemistry Microbiology Histopathology) and upgraded CT Scan are some facilities offered at the hospital.
This facility with state-of-the art 180 bedded hospital also has a Cath lab and Cardiothoracic surgery OT. It has three state of the art operation theatres & two minor operation theatres with cutting-edge technologies. This is to enable surgeons to perform a range of complex procedures as well as minimally invasive and endoscopic surgeries.
Apart from all this, the Apollo Hospitals at Indore also has facilities proposed to deal with any kind of medical emergency including road trauma, cardiac emergencies, stroke and neonatal emergencies.
1. Safe Patient Handling
A safer approach to patient handling whereby the manual lifting of patients is eliminated, wherever possible.
The leading cause of injury to nursing and hospital support staff is the result of repeated manual lifting, transferring and repositioning of patients and residence. With incidence rates of occupational injuries requiring days away from work rising, this can be a significant cost to healthcare organizations. Safe patient handling programs have become one of the top initiatives for healthcare institutions, seeking to minimize work-related injuries and reduce injuries due to patient falls. Proper equipment and education on how to use patient lifts can significantly reduce exposure to these risks.
The main focus is on using equipment vs. people to perform lifts, transfers, repositioning and other movements of patients that place a higher level of stress on the caregiver.
Benefits of Safe Patient Handling
Safe patient handling programs reduce the risk of injury for both healthcare workers and patients while improving the quality of patient care. Use of lifting equipment is essential to a successful safe patient handling program and has been shown to reduce exposure to manual lifting injuries by up to 95%.
In addition to reducing healthcare worker injuries and related lost work time, safe patient handling programs have other benefits, including:
- More satisfying work environment and professional status
- Improved nursing recruitment and retention
- Increased patient satisfaction and comfort
- Decreased patient falls and pressure ulcers
- Reduced costs associated with injuries
Benefits for Patients
- Improved quality of care
- Reduced risk of falls, being dropped, friction burns, dislocated limbs from improper moving
- Reduced skin tears and bruises
- Improved patient safety and comfort
- Enhanced rehabilitation efforts
- Improved patient satisfaction
Apollo Hospitals, Indore
Indore 452 010 (Madhya Pradesh).